The Nikon Monarch 8×42 ATB Binocular is the most popular item in the Monarch series. This binocular is designed specifically for people who great optics when they will be in the outdoors. The Nikon Monarch ATB 8×42 Waterproof binocular is a full size roof prism binocular. Despite its size, it is very lightweight as it comes in weighing around 21.5 ounces. This will make you feel that the binocular is actually smaller than it really is.
The Nikon 8×42 Monarch All Terrain Binocular has the lowest magnification in this series, but it is still very good. It is able to provide “8x” magnification that is perfect for the outdoors. This binocular has an ultra-rugged and sturdy design that makes it the perfect choice for use in the outdoors, boating, hunting, fishing, hiking, mountaineering and marine sports. It should be noted that it is also 100% waterproof and fog proof and also is covered by Nikon’s 25 year limited warranty.
The Nikon Monarch 8×42 ATB Binocular is able to provide greater image resolution and clarity as a result of it having a phase-corrected prism and fully multi-coated lenses. This will also enable it to have minimal distortion. The Monarch 8×42 also has adjustable eyecups and long eye relief and this will make it more comfortable for people with or without eyeglasses. They will be able to use it comfortably, without any strain on their eyes. The Nikon Monarch ATB 8×42 Binocular also has multi-settings and click stop.
The dimensions of the unit are 5.7×5.0 inches and it weighs 21.5 oz. the binocular is O-ring sealed and nitrogen filled which will make it completely fog proof and waterproof. Finally the 8×42 Monarch ATB binocular is also made with Nikon’s lead- and arsenic-free Eco-glass.
Nikon Monarch 8×42 Binocular Technical Details
- Focusing System: CF
- Magnification x: 8
- Objective Diameter (mm): 42
- Angular Field of View – Real/Apparent: 6.3/50.4
- FOV at 1000 yds. (ft.): 330
- Close Focus Distance (ft.): 8.2
- Exit Pupil (mm): 5.3
- Relative Brightness: 28.1
- Eye Relief (mm): 19.6
- Size – L&W (inches): 5.7×5.0
- Size – L&W (mm): 146×129
- Weight (oz.): 21.5
- Weight ( grams): 610
- Fully multicoated optics and high-index prisms
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution
- High-reflection mirror-coating prism for bright image
- High-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
- Close focusing distance: 2.5m
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are used for all lenses and prisms
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 5 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
- Rubber armouring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Lightweight body uses fibreglass-reinforced polycarbonate resin
- Wide strap
- Can be fixed to a tripod using optional tripod adaptor
What Comes with the 8×42 Binocular
- Nikon Monarch 8×42 Product Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Service sites sheet
- Neck Strap
- Soft case
- Eyepiece Lens caps
- Objective lens caps
Nikon Monarch 8 x 42 Magnification (power)
“8×42” are common numbers that people will see when they purchase binoculars. These numbers all represent something different. The magnification that the binocular will be able to provide is the first number, “8”. For this particular model, “8x” will mean that everything will look 8 times closer. The first number will always refer to the binoculars magnification.
Objective lens (diameter)
The second number that people will see is referred to as they diameter of the objective lens. In this case the Nikon Monarch “8×42”, the “42” will mean that the diameter is 42 mm. This is very important to know when buying binoculars, as the larger the diameter often results in more light entering into the binoculars. This can make it easier to see in dim light as more light is being focused on the eyes.